Watercraft Identification and Display of Tags and Number
The registration number is in three parts beginning with "OH" followed by four numbers and two letters. The number must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the forward part of the vessel.
- Number shall read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
- Number must be in at least 3"-high BLOCK characters of good proportion.
- Number's color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen:
- OH 1234 AB or OH–1234–AB.
- Number must be maintained to be clearly visible and legible.
- No other numbers can be displayed on either side of the bow.
Two registration tags are issued with each boat registration. The tags must be:
- Securely affixed on each side of the bow 6" toward the stern from the number, on all numbered boats
- Clearly visible in normal conditions and affixed prior to operation of the watercraft
- Removed when they become invalid (expire)
- Displayed as one tag on the port side and one on the starboard side, on all documented boats