Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decals
If your vessel requires registration, it is illegal to operate it or allow others to operate your vessel unless it is registered and numbered.
The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow, as high above the water line as possible.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in BLOCK characters that are at least three‑inches high and one-half inch in stroke width.
- Number’s color must contrast sharply with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen, for example: OK 3717 ZW or OK-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decals must be affixed on both sides of the bow, behind (towards the stern) and in line with the number.