Lawful Operation of a PWC
PWCs must be operated in a reasonable and prudent manner at all times. It is illegal to operate in a reckless manner.
Examples of illegal operation are:
- Operating a PWC at greater than “slow, no wake speed” or idle speed within 150 feet of:
- Any boat ramp
- A dock or pier
- An anchored or moored vessel
- Operating a PWC within 50 feet of a moving vessel
- Weaving your PWC through congested traffic
- Intentionally waiting until the last moment to swerve and avoid a collision (“playing chicken”)
- It is illegal to chase, harass, or disturb wildlife with your PWC.