Lawful Operation of a PWC
- PWCs must be operated in a reasonable and prudent manner. It is illegal to:
- Weave your PWC through congested waterway traffic.
- Jump the wake of another vessel unreasonably close to that vessel or when its operator’s vision is obstructed.
- It is illegal to operate a PWC if under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- It is illegal to chase, harass, or disturb wildlife, birds, or marine mammals.
- Personal watercraft may be prohibited or have additional restrictions on some Oregon waterways. Check the publication Experience Oregon Boating for specific waterways' regulations on PWCs before you go boating. A copy of the publication can be found at www.oregon.gov/osmb/pages/index.aspx.