Dismounting a Paddleboard
Maintain some speed as you approach the shoreline or dock.
In the water:
- Kneel on the board with your hands on the rails when you reach knee-deep water.
- Put one foot in the water and drag it on the bottom to stop the board.
- Move off the board and stand up. Make sure you dismount before the fin(s) hits the bottom.
With a dock:
- Kneel on the board with your hands on the rails as you near the dock.
- Line up the board so that it is parallel to the dock.
- Put the paddle on the dock.
- With both hands on the dock, move your body until you are seated on the dock.