Mounting an SUP in the Water: Part 1
You mount the board in the kneeling position and then stand up. To get into the kneeling position on the paddleboard:
- Put the board in shallow, flat water. Make sure the water is deep enough that the fin(s) will not hit the bottom.
- Place the paddle across the deck of the board.
- Hold onto the board’s rails while also holding the paddle with one hand.
- Climb onto the board and kneel just behind the board’s hand well.
- Paddle on your knees until you are comfortable on the board and are away from the shoreline or rocks.