Flexibility and Freedom—Your Online "Attendance"
- In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must complete the entire course, including unit quizzes and a final exam.
- The Boat Pennsylvania Course requires three hours of study, excluding time spent taking the final exam.
- You may come and go whenever you please and take as long as you like to complete your course.
All Pages Are Timed
- Because you are required to spend a minimum amount of time studying the course, all the pages are timed.
- The timing is set to a minimum number of seconds for reading each page. If you take longer to read the page than the minimum required, that is fine.
- At the bottom of every page, there are two buttons that allow you to navigate through the course. You can move ahead to the next page only if you have spent the required amount of time on your current page.
- If you log out of the program or go back to another page before the time has expired on any one page, you will not be given credit for it.
- When you log out, we keep track of your progress so that you can log in again to the course and pick up where you left off by visiting the Contents page.
Course Contents Page
- Review your progress in the course at any time by clicking on Contents on the navigation bar.
- On the Contents page, you will see an outline of the course.
- Click on a unit title to expand the menu and view individual links to topics and pages within that unit. A checkmark next to a unit page indicates you have completed that page.
- You can go back in the course to any page you have read before. However, you cannot jump ahead to pages that you have not yet visited.
Online Sessions Can Expire
- If you have logged in, and there is no activity or interaction with the course for more than fifteen minutes, you will be automatically logged out. A notice stating, “Your session has expired due to inactivity” will appear at the top of the web page.
Logging In and Out
- Once you have registered for the course, you will have a username and password. Always keep this information handy. If you exit the course or log out, you must log in again with the username and password to continue with the course.
Changing Your Personal Information and Password
- If you need to update your profile information or change your password, click on the blue button with your user name on the navigation bar at the top of any web page in the course. Re-submit your revised information using the form provided.
Rules of Conduct
- This course is designed to ensure that the certification goes to the appropriate person. A student may be "expelled" for any attempts to circumvent security measures or for allowing another person to complete any part of this course.