Grading and Graduating
- There is a quiz at the end of each unit. If you don't pass a quiz, you will be required to go back and study the unit again. The clock or timer for the unit pages will be reset. You must study the material again, and then take a new unit quiz. You must pass each unit quiz in order to progress to the next unit.
Practice Exams and Final Exam
- After completing all units, you must take and pass a Final Exam covering all the course material. You must score at least 80% on the Final Exam to pass.
- You will be given the option of taking a Practice Exam or going directly to the Final Exam.
- By taking a Practice Exam, you can check to see if you are sufficiently prepared to take the Final Exam.
- If you fail the Practice Exam, there is no penalty. You can take the Practice Exam as many times as you like in preparation for the Final Exam.
Your Course Certificate
- Once you have successfully completed the course and the Final Exam, you will be given the option to purchase your permanent Pennsylvania Boater Education Certificate online (an additional $10 state fee), which will be mailed to you by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission within 4–6 weeks.
- Then, you will be given a link to your temporary Pennsylvania Boater Education Certificate. At that point, you can view and print the certificate from your computer, or have a PDF file of the certificate sent to your email address.