Lawful Operation of a PWC
PWCs may be operated during daylight hours only (sunrise to sunset).
PWCs must be operated in a responsible manner. It is illegal to:
- Weave your PWC through congested waterway traffic or swerve at the last possible moment in order to avoid collision.
- Operate a PWC at greater than “slow, no wake speed” if within 100 feet of:
- A shoreline, docks, or launch ramps
- Swimmers, downed skiers, or persons wading in the water
- Anchored, moored, or drifting vessels or floats
- Cause a PWC to become airborne while crossing another vessel’s wake when within 100 feet of the vessel creating the wake.
- Operate at faster than “slow, no wake speed” within 100 feet to the rear of or 50 feet to the side of another vessel that is underway (unless in a narrow channel).
- Operate within 100 feet of anyone being towed behind another vessel.