What You've Learned
You've completed the material of Unit 4 of the online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Know which boats need to be registered and how to do so
- Be able to correctly place registration numbers and decals on a vessel.
- Know where to find the HIN number.
- Know the age restrictions on operation.
- Be able to list the unlawful behaviors that should be avoided when operating a boat.
- Be able to explain the dangers of consuming alcohol or drugs while boating and the penalties for doing so.
- Be able to identify classifications and uses of personal flotation devices (life jackets) and state the legal requirements.
- Know the legal requirements for fire extinguishers, backfire flame arrestors, ventilation systems, and mufflers.
- Know the legal navigation light requirements.
- Know the legal requirements for visual distress signals and sound-producing devices.
- Know requirements for other equipment such as diver-down flags or state-required equipment.
- Understand the legal requirements specific to PWCs.
- Know the legal requirements for towing a skier with a vessel.
- Understand how to properly dispose of waste, oil, and trash and properly use MSDs.
- Know when and how to report a boating accident.
A Video Message from Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission
Press the play button (▶) above to start the video. Trouble with this video?