Homeland Security Restrictions
Recreational boaters have a role in keeping our waterways safe and secure.
- Violators of the restrictions below can expect a quick and potentially severe response.
- Do not approach within 100 yards, and slow to minimum speed within 500 yards of any U.S. Naval vessel. If you need to pass within 100 yards of a U.S. Naval vessel for safe passage, you must contact the U.S. Naval vessel or the Coast Guard escort vessel on VHF-FM channel 16.
- Observe and avoid all security zones. Avoid commercial port operation areas, especially those that involve military, cruise-line or petroleum facilities. Observe and avoid other restricted areas near dams, power plants, etc.
- Do not stop or anchor beneath bridges or in narrow channels.
- Do not approach or challenge anyone who is acting in a suspicious manner.
- Keep a sharp eye out for anything that looks peculiar or out of the ordinary. Report all suspicious activities to the local law enforcement, the U.S. Coast Guard, or the National Response Center at 877-24WATCH.