About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Utah Boat Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Boating Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

The operator, owner, or other person on board must submit a completed and signed Owner/Operator Boating Accident Report to Utah State Parks & Recreation within 10 days of the accident. Accident report forms are available from Utah State Parks & Recreation’s Administrative Office, a boating ranger, or by visiting www.stateparks.utah.gov on the Internet.

Sample boat accident report form

Download a copy of the Utah Boating Accident Report in PDF format.

Operators of motorboats of 50 hp or more and all personal watercraft operators who are involved in accidents must provide evidence of the owner’s or operator’s required insurance. If unable to demonstrate compliance with the insurance requirements, the vessel’s registration may be revoked for up to one year.