Speed and Proximity
Violating Speed and Proximity is not maintaining a proper speed or distance while operating a vessel. Specifically, it is illegal to operate a vessel:
- At greater than a slow, wakeless (idle) speed in any posted no wake zone.
- At greater than a slow, wakeless (idle) speed within 150 feet of:
- Another vessel.
- A person in or floating on the water.
- A water-skier being towed by another vessel.
- A person fishing from the shore.
- A launching ramp or dock.
- A designated swimming area.