Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Stickers
The registration number and validation sticker must be displayed as follows:
- Number must be painted, applied as a sticker, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high block letters in a color that contrasts with its background.
- Letters should be separated from the numbers by spaces or hyphens; for example: VT 3717 ZW or VT-3717-ZW.
- No other number may displayed on either side of the bow.
- Stickers must be displayed on both sides. The sticker on the port side must precede the registration number. The sticker on the starboard side must follow the registration number.
If your vessel requires registration, it is illegal to operate it or allow others to operate your vessel unless it is registered and numbered as described above.