Improper Speed or Distance
Improper Speed or Distance is not maintaining a proper speed or distance while operating a vessel or while towing a person on water skis or any similar device. Specifically, the following actions are illegal.
- Operating a vessel (except sailboards) at greater than “no wake speed” within 200 feet of:
- The shoreline
- A person in the water
- A canoe, rowboat, or other vessel
- An anchored or moored vessel with a person on board
- An anchorage or dock
- Operating a vessel at speeds of 5 miles per hour or greater within 200 feet of a marked swimming area.
- Operating a vessel at speeds that may cause danger, injury, or damage. Be aware of and obey all regulatory markers, including those marked as “no wake.”