Stop the Spread of Nuisance Species
Do your part to help prevent the spread of nuisance species.
- Inspect your vessel, trailer, and equipment (motor, anchors, centerboards, rollers, axles) and remove any plants and animals.
- Discard unused bait in the trash or leave it with someone fishing in the same body of water.
- Drain water from the motor, live well, bilge, and transom wells at the ramp or access before leaving any waterway.
- Rinse your vessel and equipment with tap water (preferably hot) or at a car wash.
- Dry your vessel and equipment in the sun for at least 5 days.
- Learn how to identify aquatic nuisance species.
Report Aquatic Nuisance Species
Report sightings of aquatic nuisance species to:
- The Department of Fish & Wildlife at 1-802-241-3700
- The Department of Environmental Conservation at 1-802-241-3777