Waste Management Plan
- Ocean-going vessels that are 40 feet or more in length with cooking and sleeping facilities must have a written Waste Management Plan.
- The captain of the vessel is responsible for implementing the Waste Management Plan.
- The Waste Management Plan, identifying the vessel's name and home port, should be posted and should include directives to all persons on board about:
- Discharging sewage and hazardous substances
- Discharging garbage and other food waste
- Disposing of plastics, bottles, and cans
- Reading applicable placards for additional information
- Advising the captain in case of oily discharges or diesel spills