- PWC must be operated in a reasonable and prudent manner at all times. It is illegal to:
- Weave your PWC through waterway traffic or anchored vessels.
- Steer toward another object or person in the water and turn sharply to spray or attempt to spray them with water.
- Follow closely behind another vessel or skier.
- Jump the wake of another vessel, or cross the path of another vessel, more closely than is reasonable and prudent.
- Cut between a vessel and the person(s) being towed by that vessel.
- It is illegal to operate a PWC between sunset and sunrise.
- It is illegal to chase, harass, or disturb marine mammals or birds with your PWC.
As an owner of
a PWC, you may be held liable if you knowingly allow anyone else to operate your PWC in such a way that it violates the laws of Virginia.