Homeland Security Restrictions
Recreational boaters have a role in keeping our waterways safe and secure.
- Violators of the restrictions below can expect a quick and severe response.
- When you are approaching any U.S. Navy vessel, you must slow to minimum speed within 500 yards of the vessel. Do not approach within 100 yards of a U.S. Navy vessel. If you need to pass within 100 yards of a U.S. Navy vessel for safe passage, you must contact the U.S. Navy vessel or the U.S. Coast Guard escort vessel on VHF-FM channel 16.
- Observe and avoid all security zones. Avoid commercial port operation areas, especially those that involve military, cruise-line, or petroleum facilities.
- Observe and avoid other restricted areas near dams, power plants, etc.
- Do not stop or anchor beneath bridges or in the channel.
- Keep a sharp eye out for anything that looks peculiar or out of the ordinary. Report all activities that seem suspicious to the local authorities, the U.S. Coast Guard, or the port or marina security.