Displaying the Assigned Number and Expiration Decals
The registration number and expiration decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be placed on each side of the forward half of the vessel.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background so as to appear legible.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space at least two inches wide: WS 1234 AB.
- Decals must be affixed three inches behind (toward the stern) and in line with the number.