PWC Courtesy: Keep Your Distance
While these rules of courteous operation are especially important for PWC operators, they apply to all other vessel operators as well.
- Jumping the wake of a passing boat, or riding too close to another PWC or boat, creates risks and is restricted or even prohibited in some states. Here's why.
- The boat making the wake may block the PWC operator’s view of oncoming traffic and also conceal the PWC operator from approaching vessels.
- It can be very stressful for boat operators to have PWC continually in close proximity to their boats.
- Wake jumping and riding too close to other vessels are common complaints others have against PWC operators.
- Do not attempt to spray others with the wake of your PWC. Not only is this discourteous, but it is also dangerous and reckless operation.