Tips to Remove Invasive Species
Use these tips to remove invasive species from your boat, trailer, and equipment.
- Inspect your boat, trailer, and equipment; and remove visible aquatic plants, animals, and mud before leaving the area.
- Drain water from your boat, motor, bilge, live wells, and bait containers on land before leaving the area.
- Dispose of unwanted bait in the trash.
- Destroy any remaining nuisance species by:
- Spraying/rinsing boats and recreational equipment with high pressure and/or hot tap water (> 104º F), especially if moored for more than a day or…
- Air-drying boats and equipment for at least five days.