Displaying the Registration Number and Registration Decals
The registration number and registration decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast sharply with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: WY 3717 A or WY-3717-A.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decal must be placed behind the number (towards the stern) and be directly in line with the number.
Personal watercraft also are required to display the registration number and registration decals.