Operating a PWC
In Rhode Island, these are the operating laws for PWC.
- PWC may not be operated between one-half hour after sunset and one-half hour before sunrise.
- PWC must be operated in a reasonable and prudent manner at all times. For example, it is illegal to:
- Jump the wake of another vessel unnecessarily close to the other vessel.
- Weave your PWC through congested traffic.
- No one may operate a PWC at greater than headway speed within 200 feet of swimmers, divers, the shoreline, or moored vessels.
- When launched from shore or returning to shore, PWC must proceed directly to the area where operation is allowed in a direction as near perpendicular as possible and not in excess of headway speed.