A Safe Boater Education Certificate may be obtained by persons 16 years of age or older only and must be carried on board.
- New Hampshire accepts the following boating education certificates:
- A boating certificate issued by, or on behalf of, another state agency and NASBLA approved
- A boating certificate issued by the U.S. Power Squadron
- A boating certificate issued by the USCG Auxiliary
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the USCG
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by New Hampshire
- A certificate issued in Canada that has been approved by Transport Canada
- If you wish to operate a motorboat on New Hampshire waters and you do not have any of the above certificates, please visit the New Hampshire Department of Safety Boating Education Program website or call them at 1-888-254-2125.