Skip to main content

Course Outline

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In New Hampshire, you must have a Certificate of Registration and validation decals to operate a vessel legally on public waters. This includes motorboats of any size (including those with electric motors) and sailboats or sailboards 12 feet in length or longer. The only exceptions are:

  • Sailboats and sailboards under 12 feet in length
  • Other small, non-motorized vessels, such as canoes and kayaks
  • Vessels registered in other states using New Hampshire waters for 30 or fewer consecutive days
  • Vessels owned or operated by the U.S. government
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 6