Skip to main content

Course Outline

If your vessel does not have an HIN, you must obtain one before the vessel can be registered. To acquire an HIN for your vessel:

  • Obtain an application for an HIN (Form OPS-420) from any DMV office or online on the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) website.
  • Send the completed application to the OPRHP. Your application will be processed within two weeks, and someone from the OPRHP will arrange to have your boat inspected. After your boat passes the inspection, an HIN will be assigned to it.
  • To check the status of your HIN application, please visit the OPRHP website.
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 6 of 6