You’ve completed the material of Unit 1 of the online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Be able to identify the basic parts of a boat, PWC, and sailboat.
- Be able to identify the different types of hulls and their performance characteristics.
- Be able to identify the different kinds of engines and drives commonly found in recreational boats and their uses.
- Be able to locate and understand a boat’s capacity plate.
- Know how to file a proper float plan.
- Be able to fuel a boat safely.
- Be able to launch and retrieve a boat from a trailer safely and courteously.
- Know the basics of boat and engine maintenance.