To ensure incident command is established, appoint an incident commander (IC) and a safety officer.
- The IC will appoint general and command staff positions.
- An Incident Action Plan (IAP) strategy for managing the incident is developed.
- For the ICS tasks, use these forms:
- ICS Form 201 – Incident Briefing
- ICS Form 202 – Incident Objectives
- ICS Form 203 – Organization Assignment List
- ICS Form 204 – Assignment List
- ICS Form 205 – Incident Radio Communications Plan
- ICS Form 206 – Medical Plan
- ICS Form 208HM - Site Safety and Control Plan
- ICS Form 211 - Incident Check-in List
- ICS Form 215A - Incident Action Plan Safety Analysis
Organizational boards such as this one help everyone know who is responsible for different water rescue actions.