Displaying the Vessel Number and Expiration Date Decals
The vessel number and expiration date decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, decaled, or otherwise affixed to each side of the bow on the forward half of the vessel, placed to be clearly visible.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
- Number must be in bold, BLOCK letters, at least 3 inches high (excluding border or trim).
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: CL 3717 ZW or CL-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Expiration date decals must be affixed on each side of the vessel two inches to the left of the registration number.