Operating a PWC
PWC may not be operated between sunset and sunrise unless equipped with the proper navigation lights.
PWC must be operated in a responsible manner. You must:
- Slow your PWC to 10 miles per hour while within 100 feet of another vessel that is underway.
- Slow your PWC to “no wake speed”:
- Within 100 feet of anchored vessels
- Within 200 feet of the shoreline, a swimmer, a diver-down flag, a dock, or a launch ramp
- Obey regulatory markers such as “no wake” or speed limit signs.
- Not consume alcohol before or while operating a PWC.
- Avoid jumping the wake of another vessel.
- Avoid operating too close to popular areas such as anchorages or camping areas.
- Avoid operating in the same area for long periods of time.