Skip to main content

Course Outline

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In Alaska, you must have an Alaska Certificate of Number and validation decals to operate your vessel on public waters legally. The only exceptions are:

  • Vessels registered in another state or country using Alaska waters for less than 90 consecutive days
  • Vessels owned by the United States government
  • Vessels documented with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
  • Ships' lifeboats used solely for life-saving purposes
  • Non-motorized boats, including handmade umiaqs with a walrus or sealskin covering

  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 5