Skip to main content

Course Outline

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In Pennsylvania, you must have a Pennsylvania Certificate of Boat Registration and validation decals to operate motorboats legally on public waters. Unpowered vessels (canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, rowboats, etc.) must be registered or display a launch permit issued by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) or Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) if using:

  • PFBC lakes and access areas
  • Pennsylvania state parks or forests launches
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 5