PWC operators are subject to rules and requirements that apply to both inboard vessels and PWC.
Operating a PWC carries the same responsibilities as operating any other vessel. Before taking your PWC out on the water, you should:
- Read and understand the owner’s manual.
- Take time to review the video most PWC manufacturers provide.
- Inspect your PWC periodically, and perform necessary maintenance to keep it in good operating condition.
- Be aware of all local, state, and federal laws that apply to a PWC.
- Not forget that in addition to obeying all boating laws, the PWC operator must adhere to laws specific to PWC.