Kentucky has the following requirements for vessel operators.
- Those less than 12 years of age: May not legally operate any motorized vessel over 10 horsepower (including a PWC).
- Those 12 to 17 years of age: May legally operate a motorized vessel over 10 horsepower (including a PWC) only if they:
- Have passed an approved boating safety course and carry on board their boater education certificate or...
- Are accompanied on board by a person 18 years old or older or by a person who possesses a boater education card.
- Those 18 years of age or older: May operate any vessel on the waters of Kentucky without restrictions.