Here are some facts about titling and registering your vessel.
- All vessels which require registration must also be titled in Kentucky. You must apply for a title within 15 days of the purchase or transfer.
- A Certificate of Registration is valid for one year. Owners of vessels that have already been registered will be sent a renewal notice at least 30 days prior to the expiration date.
- The owner of a numbered vessel must notify the county clerk within 15 days if:
- He or she changes address.
- The vessel is lost, stolen, destroyed, abandoned, or sold.
- Vessels registered in another state may operate on Kentucky waters for 60 consecutive days before Kentucky registration is required.
- If you lose or destroy your Certificate of Registration or decal, you must apply to the county clerk for a duplicate and submit a processing fee.
- Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the USCG. Call the USCG at 1-800-799-8362 for more information.