Displaying the Registration Number and Registration Decals
The registration number and registration decal must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the forward half of the vessel where no other number may be displayed.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high, vertical BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by hyphens or spaces: KY-3717-ZW or KY 3717 ZW.
- Decal must be placed behind the number (toward the stern) and be within six inches of and in-line with the number.