Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, aquaplanes, kneeboards, inner tubes, or any other device must do so safely and responsibly.
- It is illegal for vessels to tow persons on water skis, surfboards, or any other device between sunset and sunrise.
- A reasonable distance from other vessels, people, and property must be maintained so as not to endanger life or property. It is illegal to ski within:
- 100 feet of a commercial boat dock, a moorage harbor, or a swimming area
- 2,000 feet of a lock or dam
- Vessels towing person(s) on airborne devices, such as parasails or kites, must:
- Have on board a person at least 12 years old, in addition to the vessel operator.
- Stay at least 500 feet from commercial docks and ramps.
- Limit the tow rope to 150 feet or less in length.
- Tow no more than two persons at any time.