The registration number and validation stickers must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to each side of the bow on the forward half of the vessel, placed to be clearly visible.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters (excluding border or trim).
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space (equal in width to that of a letter or number) or a hyphen: ND 371 ZW or ND-371-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Validation stickers must be affixed on each side of the vessel toward the rear of the vessel and within six inches of the registration number.