Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, a surfboard, or any similar device have specific equipment and observer requirements.
- Each person being towed behind a vessel must wear a USCG–approved Type I, II, or III PFD.
- An individual may not operate a vessel on any waters of this state while towing an individual on water skis, a surfboard, or similar device unless:
- There is another individual in the towing vessel observing any individual being towed or...
- The vessel is equipped with a rearview mirror at least 78 square inches (198.12 square centimeters) that provides the operator an unobstructed field of vision to the rear.
- PWC towing an individual on water skis, a kneeboard, an inflatable craft, or any other device must have an observer on board or the PWC must have a rearview mirror on each side so that the operator has an unobstructed field of vision to the rear.