PWCs may be operated only between sunrise and sunset.
PWCs must be operated in a reasonable and prudent manner. The following activities are not allowed.
- A PWC may not be operated in a negligent manner. Negligence includes, but is not limited to:
- Jumping or attempting to jump the wake of another vessel within 100 feet of that vessel
- Riding backward and/or standing on the seat of the PWC while riding
- Weaving through and recklessly operating in congested areas
- Speeding in restricted areas such as marinas, minimum wake zones, and environmentally sensitive areas
- Operating in a manner that endangers the life, limb, or property of any person, including the operator. Examples are splashing or spraying others, buzzing piers and other boats, and tossing off passengers.
- A PWC may not be used to chase, harass, or disturb wildlife.