The vessel number and registration tags must be displayed as follows.
- The registration number is in three parts beginning with “OH” followed by four numbers and two letters. The number must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the forward part of the vessel.
- Number shall read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
- Number must be in at least 3"-high BLOCK characters of good proportion.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: OH 1234 AB or OH–1234–AB.
- Number must be maintained to be clearly visible and legible.
- No other numbers can be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Registration tags are issued with each boat registration. The tags must be securely affixed on each side of the bow 6" toward the stern from the number.