Certain bodies of water in Ohio have local restrictions regarding type and size of watercraft or motor horsepower, restricted use areas, boat speed, and times for use.
- Local jurisdictions may include but are not limited to neighboring states; Ohio Division of Wildlife; Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; and city, village, county, or township governments.
- Ohio state park lakes have specific regulations for:
- Snorkeling and scuba diving
- Speed limits
- Operation in speed, ski, or open zones
- Air-propelled powercraft or hovercraft
- No wake zones and restricted areas
- Sleeping on watercraft
- Intoxicating beverages
- Check with the local authorities for additional restrictions.