For minor injury and property damage accidents:
- Contact law enforcement authorities.
- Provide first aid, and help injured persons reach medical treatment.
- Recover and secure damaged property if you can do so safely.
A written report is required if an accident results in:
- Loss of life or the disappearance of any occupant (report must be filed within 24 hours) or...
- Injury needing medical treatment beyond first aid or property damage over $1,000 (report must be filed within 5 days) or...
- Complete loss of a vessel.
Use the required form provided by ODNR, Division of Parks & Watercraft.
- To obtain a form, contact any ODNR, Division of Parks & Watercraft office, or download the form from the ODNR website.
- Send the completed report to:
ODNR, Division of Parks & Watercraft
2045 Morse Road, Building C
Columbus, OH 43229