Skip to main content

Course Outline

The registration documents and decals are obtained by paying all fees to the County Treasurer in the county where the owner resides. In addition to the Certificate of Number, the owner will receive one permanent registration decal as proof of payment of fees in lieu of a tax and two validation decals.

Out-of-state vessels used in Montana for more than 90 consecutive days must be registered at the county treasurer’s office in the county where the vessel will be primarily used.

Montana Certificate of Number
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 2 of 5