Here are the procedures to follow when buying or selling a boat.
- If an Oregon-titled boat is sold or otherwise transferred to another person, the new owner(s) must apply to the OSMB online, via mail, or at a Boat Registration Agent for title and registration (as needed) within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- An image of the original Certificate of Title for a Boat must be uploaded when applying online, followed by the original being mailed to the OSMB.
- Application by mail or via a Boat Registration Agent requires the original Certificate of Title for a Boat to be surrendered.
- Applications submitted more than 30 days from the date of purchase are assessed a $25 late penalty fee.
- If the Oregon title is lost, a completed Lost Boat Title Application may be submitted.
- Contact the OSMB for assistance for other situations.