Skip to main content

Course Outline

Here are some additional facts about titling and registering your boat.

  • A Certificate of Number is issued for two calendar years and is valid until December 31 of the year indicated. Owners of boats that have already been registered will be sent a renewal notice in November.
  • If you change your address, you must notify the OSMB within 30 days of the change. To update your address, you may do one of the following:
    • Change the address for your account from the OSMB website or...
    • Send an email to [email protected] or...
    • Mail the request within 30 days of the change.
  • If a numbered boat is destroyed, stolen, or abandoned, the owner should report it to OSMB within 30 days of such event. If stolen, first report it to the local sheriff’s department so that a case number can be issued before reporting the theft to OSMB.
  • If the Certificate of Title for a Boat, the Certificate of Number (registration card), or the validation decals are lost or destroyed, you can order replacements by logging into your account from the OSMB website, visiting a boat registration agent, or sending the request by mail.
  • Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the USCG instead of getting an Oregon title. Call the USCG at 1-800-799-8362 for more information. Documented recreational vessels still require state registration.
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 4 of 6