Boat operators should always be considerate of other boat operators even when stopping to anchor or moor.
Keep in mind that it is illegal to:
- Operate any boat in such a way that it will interfere unnecessarily with the safe navigation of other boats on the waterway.
- Anchor a boat in the traveled portion of a river or channel in a way that will prevent or interfere with any other boat passing through the same area.
- Moor or attach a boat to a buoy (other than a mooring buoy), beacon, light, or any other navigational aid placed on public waters by proper authorities.
- Move, displace, tamper with, damage, or destroy any navigational aid.
- Obstruct a pier, wharf, boat ramp, or access to any facility.