The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow where no other number may be displayed.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high, plain, vertical BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a hyphen or a space: TN-3717-ZW or TN 3717 ZW.
- Decals may be placed to the left or right of the registration number on both sides of the bow.