Requirements for Paddleboards
The use of paddleboards on lakes and rivers is growing in popularity. The USCG classifies paddleboards as vessels.
- Paddleboard users must comply with recreational boating laws and rules.
- The minimum equipment requirements are:
- A wearable PFD for each person on board
- A sound-producing device such as a whistle
- A white navigation light ready at hand, which must be exhibited in sufficient time to prevent collision
- VDSs when used on federally controlled waters (not required in Tennessee)